Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 5: Realization

Today, I constantly checked Facebook to see if others were in the same classes with me. This is what I found out. One friend has lunch and gym with me, an upperclassmen has Latin with me, and a person I know (and am not friends with) is in my English class. I also learned that one lucky person managed not to get himself in Math Lab 9. Yay...

It was also my parent's 28th Anniversary. My dad was in Pennsylvania helping out family while my mom ran errands at home. We had Papa Johns for dinner. A very depressing day. Also I ran out of money on Farm Town...

I did accomplish something I managed to get halfway through one of two summer reading books. Meanwhile in between I watched parts of the movie Eragon and the show Transformation: The Many Faces of Michael Jackson on TVGuide Network.
__________________________

We live life day by day. And I guess that means that we shouldn't have to worry about tomorrow, actually tomorrow hasn't even crossed our minds. We are focused on the moment, we are in the now. I wish that were so...

It's a hard time to grow up. My parent's theory is that by the time my generation is older and going out into the world things will be better. But today will make us more aware, more cautious of decisions and how we see the world for tomorrow.

Which makes me wish there was time set apart each year where everyone could agree, get along, and just relax. A 'do nothing day' but only for a week. A week without worries. A week without arguments. A week where money is not discussed. A week where anyone can be anyone. I sometimes long for this week especially now that summer is ending. I mentioned earlier about getting my schedule. Well, I don't want to go to a class alone. I want to know somebody, but my two closest friends won't be there.

There going down their own paths. Even though I am meeting new people already through sports everyone else has know each other since kindergarden. I was kind of always left out. The extra person. I lost my best friend to a person who once was my best friend. I reunited with another friend and made a new friendship along the way. This paragraph turned into how many time I could say friend I guess.

The point is there are times I wish I could escape. Times I wish that there was more time. Times I wish I wasn't being pressured; when information wasn't being shoved down my throat. And times when there was no such thing as disappointment, worry, and most importantly deadlines.

This all goes back to the fact that I should be reading 'Troy: A Novel" right now. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day I'll worry about it then and tonight I will dream of my week of peace with friends by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment